[svlug] Linux World? Open Source World? no more? LinuxPicnic info

jim jim at well.com
Sat Jul 10 11:50:12 PDT 2010

(top-posting, info regarding Linux Picnic)

Here's a copy of the body of an email message I
got on or about July 8:

---------------------------------------

Open Source projects and groups may now reserve tables at
the Linux Picnicfor displays or social/meeting areas.
See the Table Layout and Assignments page on the wiki:
   http://www.linuxpicnic.org/twiki/bin/view/Picnix19/Picnx19TableLayout

To reserve a table, ask on the linuxpicnic at linuxpicnic.org
mail list.
Or contact Venkat or me.

Most group reservations will be limited to 1 table.
However, Linux distributions and any similarly significant
Open Source organizations may reserve 2 tables, possibly 3
with an explanation why you need them.  We have already been
talking with Ubuntu and Fedora about their tables.

Recommendations will be posted about how to set up your
display/meeting area.  For example, an EZ-UP canopy and signs
help visibly show something is happening at your table.

This was another item we accomplished at the Wednesday planning
meeting at the park.  (These maps/diagrams were drawn at Table
2H - how well can you read the map?)