[svlug] When lsof/fuser fall short

Andrew Farley farley at couchsurfing.org
Thu Jan 28 14:54:35 PST 2010

Try -f and -l together.  I've had it necessary to use both on rare occasion.  If it won't interrupt with other mounts (and if we're talking about a NFS mount) you might consider killing lockd, or one of the RPC daemons associated with it.  I've had mild success with it, although when it locks up that hard sometimes even networking stops working and only a physical console or IPMI management is necessary.

Cheers,

Andrew Farley
CouchSurfing Systems Administrator
http://couchsurfing.org/farley