[svlug] Business models (was Re: RANT: Ubuntu is Evil)

Alan DuBoff aland at softorchestra.com
Tue Jan 26 00:34:52 PST 2010

On Mon, 25 Jan 2010, James Sparenberg wrote:

> In reference to this I offer bench marks.
>
> Debian with Linux and FreeBSD kernels.
>
> http://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?page=article&item=debian_kfreebsd&num=1
>
> Multi Distro Benchmarks
>
> http://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?page=article&item=linux_bsd_opensolaris&num=1
>
> BTW this isn't to refute what you say.  Just information that is in the
> same vein.

Interesting read, but I always wonder who/how the systems were
tuned, and it never seems like it's apples to apples. So many
things have an effect on the system, the amount of memory,
sometimes the amount of disk space, amount of swap,
processor, etc...

--

Alan DuBoff - Software Orchestration
http://www.softorchestra.com:8080/roller/blog/