[svlug] Business models (was Re: RANT: Ubuntu is Evil)

Rick Moen rick at linuxmafia.com
Mon Jan 25 19:12:50 PST 2010

Quoting Paul Cubbage (oldestgeek at gmail.com):

> As a note, Applix was acquired by Cognos that was then acquired by IBM.

Thanks, Paul.  However, the ApplixWare product line was spun off as a
separate company, VistaSource, Inc., which in 2001 was snatched up by
Parallax Capital Partners of Irvine.

What I would guess to be trial versions of ApplixWare 6.1 for i386 Linux
are available for download, and 6.2 on a "send a note to a saledroid,
and he/she sizes you up for what you can pay" basis.  (That's facetious;
I know only that they don't post a price.)

http://www.vistasource.com/

(I'm guessing they gave up on the Anyware application server suite.)