[svlug] RANT: Ubuntu is Evil

Chris Miller lordsauronthegreat at gmail.com
Mon Jan 18 17:15:56 PST 2010

On Mon, Jan 18, 2010 at 4:52 PM, Rick Moen <rick at linuxmafia.com> wrote:
> Quoting Chris Miller (lordsauronthegreat at gmail.com):
>
>> When I start insulting Rick, I know it's gotten way out of hand.
>> I refuse to have anything more to do with this thread, as I think I
>> (both of us?) aren't capable of discussing this in an appropriate
>> manner.
>
> http://linuxmafia.com/~rick/lexicon.html#moenslaw-debate1
>
>  Moen's First Law of Debate
>
>  "No matter what the issue, someone will try to turn it into a
>  personality dispute."  In part, this is because complex issues become
>  more comprehensible if you convert them into soap opera, however
>  inaccurately.  Additionally, it's common for someone who's losing an
>  argument to misbehave in hopes of debasing the discussion, scoring a
>  draw in the eyes of casual observers, and tarring the opposition by
>  association.

I simply refuse to participate in a shouting match.  It's unbecoming
of myself, this list, and communication in general.

I'm sorry if you wanted to continue to educate me, dispel my
misconceptions about software licensing, etc.; blame me if you must
for being too immature to continue.

I apologize for anything personal I said; when I find myself unable to
express myself I do on occasion revert to such juvenile outbursts as
you just saw.

--
Registered Linux Addict #431495
For Faith and Family! | John 3:16!