[svlug] RANT: Ubuntu is Evil

Rick Moen rick at linuxmafia.com
Mon Jan 18 16:52:33 PST 2010

Quoting Chris Miller (lordsauronthegreat at gmail.com):

> When I start insulting Rick, I know it's gotten way out of hand.
> I refuse to have anything more to do with this thread, as I think I
> (both of us?) aren't capable of discussing this in an appropriate
> manner.

http://linuxmafia.com/~rick/lexicon.html#moenslaw-debate1

  Moen's First Law of Debate

  "No matter what the issue, someone will try to turn it into a
  personality dispute."  In part, this is because complex issues become
  more comprehensible if you convert them into soap opera, however
  inaccurately.  Additionally, it's common for someone who's losing an
  argument to misbehave in hopes of debasing the discussion, scoring a
  draw in the eyes of casual observers, and tarring the opposition by
  association.