[svlug] Subject change - Ubuntu Is Not Evil

Rick Moen rick at linuxmafia.com
Mon Jan 18 10:08:44 PST 2010

Quoting Don Marti (dmarti at zgp.org):

> The annoying thing about trying to have a copyleft
> vs. non-copyleft argument is that either approach
> can be the basis for a thriving development project
> or a thriving company.

I remember some guy in late 1999 saying "The BSD crowd would argue that
although BSD licensing does allow proprietary code forks, those tend to
be temporary and/or lose momentum because they cease to fully benefit
from the exchange of code and information in the larger BSD community.
I would strongly agree.  History seems to support their claim."

http://linuxmafia.com/faq/Licensing_and_Law/forking.html