[svlug] Subject change - Ubuntu Is Not Evil

Grant Bowman grantbow at gmail.com
Sun Jan 17 18:34:08 PST 2010

Most of this discussion has almost nothing to do with Ubuntu
specifically, it's just bait that I was hoping would not hook others,
be ignored and subside naturally. So, please kindly change the subject
line to something more appropriate if you want to continue this
discussion.

Canonical doesn't have a complimentary motto of "Be Evil" to Google's
"Don't Be Evil." http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Don%27t_be_evil
Actually http://www.ubuntu.com has their four promises and
http://www.canonical.com/aboutus says "Our mission is to realise the
potential of free software in the lives of individuals and
organisations..."

Rick, thanks for the link to Interix. I didn't know that alternate
acronym for SFU as Services for Unix. Nicely placed acronym Mr. Gates.

Grant Bowman
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/CaliforniaTeam