[svlug] Dual use license. Was: RANT: Ubuntu is Evil

Bob Smith svlug at linuxtoys.org
Sun Jan 17 17:31:13 PST 2010

Chris Miller wrote:
> A few are built around a core product that is free and open source
> while the copyright holder keeps extensions to that source under a
> proprietary license, or else makes it difficult to obtain the
> extensions without paying.

My company is in need of a dual-use license.  Can anyone
recommend a freely available version?   I could just copy
the MySQL one but I'd like to respect their copyright.

As a follow-up question, can anyone recommend a reasonably
priced lawyer to modify or give a stamp of approval on the
dual-use license we end up with?

thanks
Bob Smith