[svlug] RANT: Ubuntu is Evil - think before posting , please

Ivan Sergio Borgonovo mail at webthatworks.it
Sun Jan 17 10:34:46 PST 2010

On Sun, 17 Jan 2010 11:39:05 -0600
Skip Evans <skip at bigskypenguin.com> wrote:

> > What's to keep people who don't like this from installing it and
> > hitting the button at random, basically injecting noise into the
> > system?  Would any plausible number of such dissenters reduce
> > the signal-to-noise ratio enough to discourage people from using
> > the service?

> Tech people think of everything. But actually, yea, suppose a
> civil rights group decides to jam the whole system. What would
> the company do?

Many systems have trust ranking (sort of).
I think there are a lot of "tricks" to learn from the open
development model that could be used in such an app.
Sooner or later someone will elect himself the BDFL and ask for the
jus primae noctis ;)

> But I'll bet 10 bucks it ends up somehow on an episode of Law
> & Order.

Some free advertising for the app.

--
Ivan Sergio Borgonovo