[svlug] Investing in OSS

Bill Ward bill at wards.net
Wed Jan 6 13:48:16 PST 2010

I have to be careful about this topic since I work at Oracle, but I'm
wondering what makes you say they're "not a good OSS follower"?  They have
their own Linux distro, their own open source VM solution, an open source
filesystem, InnoDB, and plenty of other open source projects.  Oracle's a
huge participant in the Linux kernel as well.  (I'm trying to stick to facts
and not express any opinion, but any opinion you might infer is obviously
mine only and not that of Oracle blah blah blah)

Check out my LEGO blog at http://www.brickpile.com/
View my photos at http://flickr.com/photos/billward/
Follow me at http://twitter.com/williamward