[svlug] Investing in OSS

Rick Moen rick at linuxmafia.com
Wed Jan 6 13:42:57 PST 2010

Quoting Alan DuBoff (aland at softorchestra.com):

> And I don't see Geeknet as a company investing in OSS either, but I
> haven't followed that too much. They help OSS, certainly.

By selling open source people t-shirts and micro-Leatherman tools?  ;->

(Presumably, you mean operating sf.net.  I tend to lose track of what
the Fintronic Linux Systems division of Fintronic USA, Inc... I mean VA
Research, Inc... I mean VA Linux Systems, Inc... I mean VA Software
Corporation... I mean SourceForge, Inc... I mean Geeknet, Inc. is doing,
these days.)

By the way:  http://www.svlug.org/farm.php#stocks

(Undoubtedly needs updating.  It's a link farm page, and those always
need updating.)

--
Cheers,                                      "Reality is not optional."
Rick Moen                                             -- Thomas Sowell
rick at linuxmafia.com