[svlug] Disable a particular USB device in Ubuntu

Jiqing Tang jiqingtang at gmail.com
Thu Apr 29 22:00:49 PDT 2010

Hi there,

Installed Ubuntu on my desktop computer but there seems to be a USB
device causing problems. The computer is running extremely slow and
almost nonresponsive, the tty screen blinks frequently and the
following error messages appear every 30s  or so:

usb 2-5: device descriptor read/64, error -110

Sometime it is "read/8" instead of read/64,

Anybody knows what is happening? Is it possible to disable this USB
device? I thought it might be my pinnacle TV receiver.

Thanks!
Jiqing