[svlug] In need of CVS/SVN checkout script for Production servers

Daevid Vincent daevid at daevid.com
Thu Apr 29 12:29:20 PDT 2010

I'm looking for a script that I would run on my production web server that
would do this or close to it:

	1. do a CVS/SVN checkout to a new timestamped directory
	2. change the symlink from the old directory
	3. change permissions to www-data:www-data on new directory
	4. and possibly tarball up the old directory.

I'm assuming this is a fairly common task, and I actually wrote one of
these at my previous job, but I can't find the script anymore.

I have some other useful SVN scripts here if anyone is interested:
http://daevid.com/content/examples/snippets.php