[svlug] DNS & Firefox fails on Linux, WindIE works only on older windows OS, ex not Vista

David Rosenstrauch darose at darose.net
Mon Apr 26 11:55:22 PDT 2010

On 04/26/2010 02:49 PM, Breen Mullins wrote:
> * Rick Moen<rick at linuxmafia.com>  [2010-04-26 10:58 -0700]:
>

>> Find out where Fedora 12 puts its dhclient.conf or equivalent.  You're
>> there; I'm not.
>
> Ugh.
>
> [bpm at mehitabel ~]$ locate dhclient.conf
> /usr/share/doc/dhclient-4.1.1/dhclient.conf.sample
> /usr/share/man/man5/dhclient.conf.5.gz
>
> Yes, I'm getting a dhcp address.
>
> It appears that the solution is going to require poking around in the
> Network Manager service.
>
> More info here:
> http://forums.fedoraforum.org/showthread.php?t=236528
>
> My head hurts.

I imagine Fedora works similarly to CentOS.  If so, read on, as  I just
had to tweak the dhclient.conf file on a few of our data center boxes
this morning.

The expected location for the file is /etc/dhclient.conf.  I say
expected, because it didn't exist initially on our CentOS boxes.
However, once I created the file, dhclient did pick it up successfully.

HTH,

DR