[svlug] view metadata in AVI files

Peter van der Linden pvdl at afu.com
Thu Apr 1 05:13:52 PST 2010

There is an open source, either crack or reimplementation (I'm not sure which) of the software that drives all Canon point-and-shoot models, including the two you mention.

The project, known as CHDK, has a wiki at:  http://chdk.wikia.com/wiki/CHDK

If the AVI file creation time, plus its size doesn't give you the info to reconstruct timestamps of sufficient accuracy for any given offset in the file, then CHDK will let you add in your own code.

    Peter