[svlug] Ubuntu and streaming on ustream.tv

Skip Evans skip at bigskypenguin.com
Tue Oct 20 23:16:27 PDT 2009

Well, ustream.tv is a total breeze. Alan was right, Flash
itself finds the camera and begins broadcasting immediately.
Pretty neat. Although right now it only works that simply in
Vista, not Ubuntu, but I found a program called WebcanStudio
that serves as an intermediary between your camera and
ustream.tv, so I'll keep trying to get it work with Ubuntu,
even though I can fall back to Vista if I need to for Science
Pub this Sunday.

Skip

--
Skip Evans