[svlug] Formatting to NTFS

Paul Zander paulz at ieee.org
Mon Oct 12 13:59:23 PDT 2009

Skip,

One more, "one more thing".  Stop and think a bit about the partitions.  IMHO, there is much to be said about having separate partitions for OS, programs, and data.  For example, if you have your home directory on its own partition, and keep all of your data files there, you can completely reformat and re-install the Linux OS in its partition and all of your data will be ready and waiting.  (of course keep a back up anyway).

You can find some more details on the LinuxMafia website.

Paul