[svlug] Formatting to NTFS

Jeremiah Wuenschel jeremiah.wuenschel at gmail.com
Mon Oct 12 13:25:32 PDT 2009

The installer should create the NTFS partition itself if no partitions exist
(the xp installer definitely does). In fact, if I remember correctly, you
can press something during the start of the installer to allow you to delete
existing partitions. I'm not sure what the current state of NTFS
partitioning is in Linux, but when I was researching a couple of years ago,
the consensus was Caveat Emptor -- there are so many quirks to NTFS that the
only way to be certain it's formatted to Windows' liking is to let Windows
do it. The status of that may have changed, but I would personally just let
Windows create the partition.