[svlug] Free: 1800x1440 capable monitor (not LCD)

David Fox dfox94085 at gmail.com
Fri Oct 2 19:58:17 PDT 2009

On Fri, Oct 2, 2009 at 12:55 PM, Marc MERLIN <marc_news at merlins.org> wrote:
> This was one of the best CRTs you could get at the time, and close the

> Note, it's in the recycle pile right now, so let me know quickly if you are
> interested :)

Love it!

Just how big is it, though? I have a nice 17" on my desktop now, and
it is not sure how easily it would fit on this desk, or how heavy it
is. May I arrange for maybe another list member to come and pick it up
in my absence? Let me know of course it if hasn't been picked up.

I have loved this Viewsonic E90 ever since I got it sevearl years ago
(my pride and joy Nokia had exhibited symptoms of it dying) and based
on two recent experiences within the last week or so,it may be that
this monitor is dying too. Dying symptoms now manifest themselves as
sporadic and unpredictable (although infrequent) -- the monitor
decides to all of a sudden display only 1/2 the screen, with the top
hafl black except for a very strange white line separating the two.
However, this may be due to my video overheating on this neo desktop
(4 core Intel) which hasn't had too many problems, has run a lot
better than the machine I tried putting together in summer 2008, but
is kept busy running folding @ home on all four cores. So far, even
through the summer months, I haven't had a heat problem to my
knowledge - no alarms, so I'm skeptical of that being a cause too.

--
thanks for letting me change the magnetic patterns on your hard disk.