[svlug] Installing Cinelerra under Jaunty Ubuntu

Akkana Peck akkana at shallowsky.com
Sat May 23 20:44:42 PDT 2009

Christian Einfeldt writes:
> cje at rb:~$ sudo wget -q http://akirad.cinelerra.org/pool/addakirad.deb &&
> sudo dpkg -i addakirad.deb && rm addakirad.deb && sudo apt-get update
[ lots of output from that ]
> Reading package lists... Done
> cje at rb:~$ cinelerra
> bash: cinelerra: command not found
> cje at rb:~$
>
> I am now just really flummoxed and would appreciate any help as to how to
> get Cinelerra installed on this system running Ubuntu Jaunty.  \

I have no idea what those packages do, but you ended with an apt-get
update command -- which doesn't install anything, merely updates
the list of packages that you *could* get. What happens now
if you search for cinelerra, e.g. with aptitude search cinelerra ?

Looking at that page you referenced,
http://cvs.cinelerra.org/getting_cinelerra.php#jaunty
they seem to be saying that after doing the apt-get update you
should now be able to install (with apt-get or your favorite
alternative) one of the packages they list there:
cinelerracv, cinelerracv-gl, cinelerracv-smp, or cinelerra-swtc.

	...Akkana