[svlug] Sorry I missed Akkana's talk

Rick Moen rick at linuxmafia.com
Fri May 8 16:50:32 PDT 2009

Quoting Edward Cherlin (echerlin at gmail.com):

> You inspired me.

I know from having sweated really hard to make mine work, that
this form's pretty difficult.  (But the need to make my wife Deirdre
laugh at that point was acute, so it was worth the trouble.)

There _were_ some real stretches there, but you get style points for
managing to _almost_ squeeze "Richard M. Stallman" into a true pair of
dactyl beat-sets, by tacking a linking verb onto the end.

The "o-
    mitting" bit is somewhat ghastly.

The "OLP-
    C" split in the other is regrettable, too.

I _told_ you these are hard, though.  Haiku/senryu, limericks, even
sonnets are much, much easier.