[svlug] Sorry I missed Akkana's talk

Akkana Peck akkana at shallowsky.com
Fri May 8 14:25:16 PDT 2009

I can't think of anything I'd rather see in a thread with my name
than double-dactylic doggerel. Love it! :-)

Sorry, I don't have any slides for the web site since I was doing
live GIMP the whole time, though you can get some of the images at
http://gimpbook.com/origpix/ (Ch 5 for the ostrich and giraffe,
Ch 10 for the CRX with the separate color layer).
Thanks for the nice words, Darlene!

For the person who asked about GPU support: it turns out GIMP's
upcoming new layout engine, GEGL, doesn't have GPU support yet ...
but one of this year's Summer of Code projects hopes to add it.
https://lists.xcf.berkeley.edu/lists/gimp-developer/2009-May/022228.html

Edward Cherlin writes:
> http://www.math.wisc.edu/~robbin/Higgeldy.txt

Great collection! But it's missing a classic:

Higgledy piggledy
Australopithecus
Wand'ring about on the
African plains

Never thought there would be
Paleontologists
Digging his bones up and
Picking his brains

Alas, I don't know any that are Linux or GIMP related
(except Rick's XML example, now).

    ...Akkana
    "Beginning GIMP: From Novice to Professional"  http://gimpbook.com