[svlug] question - my laptop won't charge to 100% even though plugged in and using AC power

Alan Denney yosemite at programmer.net
Sun May 3 18:47:08 PDT 2009

On Sun, 3 May 2009 17:10:22 -0700, Jeff <jeff.lists.nov.2006 at gmail.com> wrote:

>If you do not use the battery, you practically do no need it. I would
>remove the battery completely if you do not use it... In your case I
>would order a new battery and save it for when I travel or other times
>a battery is needed.

"Need"?  Maybe not, but it's a darn good thing to have in place  if the power goes out in the middle of an unsaved session,
even if just becomes some idjit kicked the plug out or stepped on the power switch for the power strip.

It's probably at least partially salvageable by repeated drawing downs and full recharges.

Best-value source for replacement batteries:  eBay.  Plug all compatible part numbers into an eBay search and save the search,
then run it periodically for bargains.  I just bought a used genuine  HP battery for my 3rd-string laptop for $7.