[svlug] Error building VMware, Kernal book?

Skip Evans skip at bigskypenguin.com
Mon Jan 19 20:25:47 PST 2009

Oh, I see. VMware was pulling in the kernel's source .h files
for its compile. I hadn't made that connection.

Rick Moen wrote:

> http://kernelnewbies.org/

Cool! This sounds like the ticket.

I just had something really odd happen though. I exited the
Windows full screen mode, when back to Ubuntu and tried to use
a browser and the hard drive started running like crazy,
slowing everything to a near stop. I finally got the VM with
Windows in it closed and eventually it settled down and came back.

I gave the VM with windows 12 GB of space, wonder if that is
not enough or if it's using the hard drive for virtual storage
or something?

Maybe I've not allocated resources properly?

Much thanks,
Skip

--
Skip Evans