[svlug] Error building VMware

Skip Evans skip at bigskypenguin.com
Mon Jan 19 18:32:03 PST 2009

Rick Moen wrote:

> But you'll presumably soon catch up with my hyperlink to vmware-any-any.

Yes, I just dug back and found that link. Sorry your efforts
to help slid by, certainly wasn't intentional. But I got the file

vmware-any-any-update115.tar.gz

 From that link and ran the runme.pl file, but got the same
compile error as before.

But then I found a file here

http://www.insecure.ws/2008/10/20/vmware-specific-specific-55x-and-kernel-2627

Called

vmware-update-2.6.27-5.5.7-2.tar.gz

And it seems to have completed the install.

I just executed VMware and got the GUI up, so that's a good
sign, eh?

Thanks for all the help, peoples. Don't you all feel really
good now that you helped a programmer accomplish a little
system administration?

(I know it's what Rick lives for.)

Skip

--