[svlug] (forw) Re: VMware vs. two boxes and a KVM

Skip Evans skip at bigskypenguin.com
Mon Jan 19 15:02:02 PST 2009

Gadzooks! That's the second time I've done that today.

Thanks, Rick.

VMware Server is downloading as I type this, but I see it is
only available as an .rpm file (I'm on Ubuntu), so on Google I
found these instructions.

1. Install alien (did this with apt-get)

2. alien -k some-binary-package.rpm

3. dpkg -i some-binary-package.deb

Is this the recommended way to get a .rpm file on Ubuntu?

Are there any other methods anyone prefers over this?

Mnogo blogadarya!
Skip

--
Skip Evans