[svlug] Preventing a Revision Control Flamewar

Don Marti dmarti at zgp.org
Mon Jan 19 09:54:14 PST 2009

begin Bill Ward quotation of Mon, Oct 20, 2008 at 05:35:21PM -0700:

> My understanding is that git tools for Windoze are minimal to nonexistent,
> right?  Since that's a requirement for me (having clients for Mac, Win and Lin)
> I think SVN is the way to go.

Update on that:
  http://nathanj.github.com/gitguide/

  "This document is designed to show that using git on
  Windows is not a difficult process. In this guide,
  I will create a repository, make several commits,
  create a branch, merge a branch, search the commit
  history, push to a remote server, and pull from a
  remote server. The majority of this will be done
  using GUI tools."

--
Don Marti                                        +1 510-814-0932
http://zgp.org/~dmarti/                          +1 510-332-1587 mobile
dmarti at zgp.org
See you at OpenSource World: August 10-13, 2009 in San Francisco