[svlug] slow file transfer between Linux and Solaris?

Greg Lindahl lindahl at pbm.com
Thu Jan 15 11:11:59 PST 2009

On Fri, Jan 09, 2009 at 07:43:30PM -0800, Mark Weisler wrote:

> I think Rick's suggestion was to turn autonegoiate _off_ and hard-code the
> speed to 10, 100 or whatever so there is no negotiation. I remember (from
> about eight years ago now) dozens of instances where autonegotiation was a
> problem.

I haven't seen negotiation problems with anything manufactured after
2001.

BTW, if you wire down the speed or duplex, you have to wire down *both*.

As for the OP's problem, there's too little information to diagnose
it. Ping with small packets? Ping with big packetes? netstat -i
output? weird tcp options problem? etc etc.

-- greg