[svlug] image de-noiser software

Rick Moen rick at linuxmafia.com
Thu Jan 15 03:14:50 PST 2009

Quoting Florin Andrei (florin at andrei.myip.org):

> On Windows, there are several de-noiser apps that a photographer can use
> with good results - Neat Image, Noise Ninja, Topaz DeNoise, etc.
>
> http://www.neatimage.com/
> http://www.picturecode.com/
> http://www.topazlabs.com/topazlabs/03products/topaz_denoise/
>
> Are there any comparable applications on Linux?

Searching suggests:

1. GREYCstoration (GIMP plugin), also usable as a command-line tool
2. Stuff listed here:  http://linux.wareseeker.com/free-video-denoise/
   (but that seems to be for video; there are also audio de-noisers as
   a third subcategory)
3. Wavelet denoise plugin (GIMP), http://registry.gimp.org/node/4235
4. UFRaw includes de-noising, http://ufraw.sourceforge.net/
5. Vision Effects's DE:Noise plugin (proprietary) for eyeon's Fusion
   for Linux.

--
Cheers,              Crypto lets someone say "Hi! I absolutely definitely have
Rick Moen            a name somewhat like the name of a large familiar