[svlug] Any linker experts here?

Alan DuBoff aland at softorchestra.com
Thu Jan 15 00:03:50 PST 2009

On Mon, 12 Jan 2009, Mark Jaffe wrote:

>     libclntsh.so.8.0 => not found
>     libwtc8.so => not found
> Is anyone familiar enough with using autoconf/automake to help
> resolve this? The problem manifests as inability to start the
> binary without forcing the additional path onto
> LD_LIBRARY_PATH. Other binaries using the same set of libs do
> not experience this issue.

I try to never use LD_LIBRARY_PATH and think it's a bad crutch
to rely on.

You can set the runtime shared library search path into the
library at link time to resolve the dependencies at runtime.
That's the method I prefer.

You can pass those parameters to configure when using
autoconf/automake/libtool.

--

Alan DuBoff - Software Orchestration