[svlug] slow file transfer between Linux and Solaris?

Alvin Oga alvin at mail.Linux-Consulting.com
Fri Jan 9 13:12:15 PST 2009

hi ya

> Johann Hasselbach wrote:
> Yeah. I'm guessing it's not endemic to Solaris/Linux, but something
> misconfigured on our network, but I'll be damned if I know what it is.

the nic chipset and drivers makes all the difference in the world
- realtek/sis/broadcom is for the kiddies
- intel chipset is better for those trying to do work

aka, try the same test from a completely different machine
doing the same task and see what the speed difference is

c ya
alvin