[svlug] Configuration question

Ehud Kaldor ehud.kaldor at gmail.com
Fri Aug 28 10:48:09 PDT 2009

Hi all,
I'm setting up an Ubuntu 9.04 server, which will run both Bugzilla and
Mediawiki, both using mysql. This is going to be on VM (VMware
workstation), and to keep it small and more salvagable, I want to
mount a shared directory and put all the data in it. It allows me to
backup externally to the VM, and if the VM will not boot, for any
reason, I still have the data.
Question is - how do I tell mysql to use a specific directory for the
data(base)? And, if anyone knows, what else needs to be on that
directory for recoverability (from Bugzilla and Mediawiki side), and
how do I do that?

--
Sent from my mobile device