[svlug] Netbooks

Skip Evans skip at bigskypenguin.com
Fri Aug 14 11:31:23 PDT 2009

Hey Svluggers!

I have a friend who wants a Netbook she can hang out in coffee
shops with here in Hippie-Central, Madison, Wisconsin, so I
thought I'd ask for any recommendations.

She's going to do nothing but web based email and browsing,
and maybe a bit of uploading from a digital camera.

Obviously I am thinking Ubuntu is a good fit for her, and in
fact I set her up with that at home and she loves it, "So much
easier to use than Windows", she said. But, she may have just
said that because she secretly harbors passionate, borderline
obsessive lust for me, as do all women. (Me? Delusional?)

*ahem*... so... Netbook recommendations? Preferably with
Ubuntu installed?

Tanks and bombs,
Skip
--