[svlug] Cron not working

David Rosenstrauch darose at darose.net
Wed Aug 5 10:04:29 PDT 2009

Try doing this instead to figure out whether the problem is the command
or the cron task not firing:

1	5	*	*	*	echo testing

Any output from a cron job is supposed to get emailed to you, and since
I don't think the echo command could possibly fail, you should get a
"testing" email sent to you if the cron task runs successfully.  If you
do, then the problem is the command line syntax.  If you donn't, then
there's something weird going on that's causing the cron task not to run.

HTH,

DR