[svlug] using Miro - verrrrry slow downloads

Darlene Wallach freepalestin at dslextreme.com
Tue Apr 21 10:42:29 PDT 2009

I installed Miro and use the podcasting feature along with subscribing
to some feeds.

Miro is downloading a torrent now as slow as under 20 kbps and the
fastest rarely at 159 kbps.

Even when Miro is not downloading a torrent, the fastest download is 159 kbps.

When I first installed and started using Miro the download speeds were
much faster.

In the Options, I set the bittorrent to:
limit upstream bandwidth to 12 kbps
limit downstream bandwidth to 300 kbps
limit torrent connections to 100
automatically forward ports (UPNP)
stop torrent uploads when this ratio is reached 2

When I've tried downloading files manually, the speed is not any faster.

Any suggestions as to what might be causing the problem - the slow downloads?
Any suggestions as to how I can speed up the downloads, Miro and manually?

Thank you,
Darlene Wallach