[svlug] Ubunto as MythTV

Ehud Kaldor ehud.kaldor at gmail.com
Thu Apr 9 16:10:59 PDT 2009

nice approach.
for starters, it will definitely be my music player for the house. it will
also house my GIT main repository and a few VMs that i might want to test
things i put in the GIT repository. as i'm thinking of moving to my own mail
server, i might use it for that as well. it has a string CPU and 6GB of RAM.
the issue here is not the price - running Linux, i would prefer having 10
dedicated computers, maybe each with a different distribution on it,
intercommunicating and creating work for me in my spare time, including
networking experiments. the problem, however, is not the price but the
spousal approval for more computers. i have my laptop and she has hers, and
to get this is, i had to take out 2 older ones, including the one previously
connected to the TV (though no TV card) to get this one in. and this did not
do the trick - i had to make it the media center to get the final approval.