[svlug] IBM and Sun

Alan DuBoff aland at softorchestra.com
Wed Apr 1 09:47:32 PST 2009

On Wed, 1 Apr 2009, Don Marti wrote:

> Sun did put its money where its mouth was: on the SCO side.

BFD, we all know that.

Maybe you haven't seen this:

http://opensolaris.org/os/

Or maybe you haven't downloaded these UNIX sources:

http://opensolaris.org/os/get/

> If Blake Stowell agrees with you on something, you're
> probably wrong.

Whatever, I never said I agreed with anything he said, I just
said that was a comment that stood out to me.

The proof is in the pudding, and the sources are at the above
link. That in itself is factual data, and EVERYONE can look at
it now. It's not he-said-she-said, it's actual source code that
has been released into open source, the holy grail of UNIX
source code, some of the very functionality that Linux *copied*.

--

Alan DuBoff - Software Orchestration
http://www.softorchestra.com:8080/roller/blog/