[svlug] Suggestion for dist to use on dual-boot system

mark@weisler-saratoga-ca.us mark at weisler-saratoga-ca.us
Tue Jul 22 07:59:42 PDT 2008

Tony wrote...

Fedora is more "interesting" than Red Hat or CentOS in that the latest
window managing technology is in Fedora (and Suse 11 and Ubuntu [desktop
version], etc.) and also other new technologies and eye candy that make
computing more fun. But the newest gizmos also often have faults that
the enterprise class and server environments cannot tolerate.

So, very roughly, the desktop environments are typically more fun and
interesting and the enterprise and server are more staid and a little
boring. Each, of course, has its place.
Mark