[svlug] chumby?

Marc MERLIN marc_news at merlins.org
Sun Jul 20 14:40:52 PDT 2008

On Sun, Mar 02, 2008 at 11:02:09AM -0800, Christian Einfeldt wrote:
> AFAIK, the Chumby is an expensive FOSS-based alarm clock.  It's a great
> idea, but I don't see how it is useful, other than as a cool gadget that
> wakes you up by playing YouTube.

I just got one as a gift and I have to say that it's indeed a gadget, but
it's much more than an alarm clock :)

If you feel so inclined, it's a great small linux box you can put in your
kitchen or bathroom, and watch last night's letterman's top10 on, or the
latest icanhascheeseburger cats.
And if you want to hack it, it does have a lot of potential, again in a
small form factor.

But yeah, it's still an expensive toy, although you get a lot more to play
with, and hack, than from a similarly priced nabaztag.

Marc
Home page: http://marc.merlins.org/