[svlug] Best VPN hardware for small office...

Drew Bertola drew at drewb.com
Sat Jul 19 17:27:24 PDT 2008

Sargun Dhillon wrote:
> The best solution for I would say is OpenVPN. It works on all platforms.
> It complies with export restrictions. Based on the levels of encryption
> you could get a variety of levels of throughput. It is free, open
> source, etc.. It doesn't have the insurance of a big business. Of course
> you can find a consultant in the Bay Area which can support this product
> ;-P.

Thanks, Sargun,

I was looking for a SOHO hardware solution - something that goes beyond
pptp out of the box, since that is still a bit clumsy under Linux.

I don't trust Linksys to deliver a good product.  In my experience, they
don't do very well with things like TCP window scaling.

Anyone have experience with Netgear's SOHO VPN solutions?  Any others
come recommended?

--
Drew Bertola

*   PHP/LAMP Consultant, ZCE-1000               *
*   Tel: 408-966-6671                           *
*   current resume:                             *
*   http://drewb.com/blog/about/resume/         *