[svlug] pxeos in CentOS 5

vincenzo romero new2xen at gmail.com
Thu Jan 31 17:20:10 PST 2008

Hello all,

I wanted to setup a PXE server on CentOS 5 platform;  halfway through
setup and completion, as I try to test and run the pxeos utility to
test a remote installation, I could not find the binary; and later on
found this in Google:

PXEOS and system-config-netboot bug in CentOS:
http://bugs.centos.org/view.php?id=2304
Bug #0002304
-------------------

In one of the comments from CentOS they recommend using 4.5 ...
As I checked our servers here, indeed, 4.5 has the bundle, while 5 does not!

Questions:

1. What's the more "generic" (mainstream) and stable linux build
recommended?? I thought Cent OS was a more generic one?
2.  Is there recommended linux platform as a PXE server - any
recommendations/best practises you can share?

Apologize for the simple and naive questions; any suggestions (or
links/pointers) will be greatly appreciated.

--
best,

Vince