[svlug] Officers

Darlene Wallach freepalestin at dslextreme.com
Sun Jan 27 18:13:01 PST 2008

Warren Turkal wrote:
> On Jan 27, 2008 2:04 PM, Rick Moen <rick at linuxmafia.com> wrote:
>> Technically true -- as was Warren's objection to the word "intervene"
>> if one defines that word extremely narrowly.
>
> Security didn't intervene in any sense that I know; I intervened.
> Rachel let me know that Paul and Bruce and Darlene were getting into
> it in the lobby. I went out there. Bruce and Darlene were engaging
> Paul in some kind of argument, and I separated Paul from Bruce and
> Darlene. I realized what was going on and then asked Jim and Heather
> and Rachel to help me take care of the situation. I then informed
> security of what was going on and what I was doing about it. Heather
> returned to the meeting. Then, Jim, Rachel, and I left with Paul.

I was not engaging Paul Reiber, I was telling Bruce *not* to
enter into a conversation with Paul Reiber.

Security looked concerned to me. Someone from security approached
and started talking to Paul Reiber after you tried calming him
down and failed to calm him down. Paul Reiber continued using
scatalogical(sp?) language in a loud voice. You then had
security take us into the Kiev room and told Paul Reiber to
stay in the lobby. While we were in the Kiev room, someone,
I don't remember who, came in spoke with Jim and Heather. That
person, Jim, and Heather left and came back very late into
the meeting without Paul Reiber.