[svlug] Officers

Rick Moen rick at linuxmafia.com
Sun Jan 27 17:03:31 PST 2008

I wrote:

> I have an e-mail saying so from the manager in question, who is a close
> friend and former co-worker, right here in front of me.

Just to be absolutely precise, the manager had _heard about_ the
misbehaviour in question, at the time, and it then raised strong concern.
I guess it's possible that the manager heard through other reliable
persons who were present, other than Security.  I believe the clear
implication is that it _was_ via Security -- and that seems by far the
most likely way -- but there's an outside chance that the manager heard,
instead, through some other avenue.

The point is, it's pretty much why we're on hiatus from Google
facilities.

(If the latter explanation applies, I'd rather not waste time on
diversionary quibbles about precisely _who_ it was who "reported to
management" -- as occurred upthread over the word "intervene" --
that being, in both cases, beside the point.)