[svlug] Officers

Warren Turkal wturkal at gmail.com
Sun Jan 27 16:17:26 PST 2008

On Jan 27, 2008 2:04 PM, Rick Moen <rick at linuxmafia.com> wrote:
> Technically true -- as was Warren's objection to the word "intervene"
> if one defines that word extremely narrowly.

Security didn't intervene in any sense that I know; I intervened.
Rachel let me know that Paul and Bruce and Darlene were getting into
it in the lobby. I went out there. Bruce and Darlene were engaging
Paul in some kind of argument, and I separated Paul from Bruce and
Darlene. I realized what was going on and then asked Jim and Heather
and Rachel to help me take care of the situation. I then informed
security of what was going on and what I was doing about it. Heather
returned to the meeting. Then, Jim, Rachel, and I left with Paul.

> Their attention was drawn,
> they approached and were concerned, and they reported the incident to
> upper management.

I never heard that this incident was reported to upper management. I
am surprised that I wouldn't have heard about it if it was reported.
Not to mention, you weren't there, so I am not sure how you would know
the details of what happened anyhow.

wt