[svlug] which distribution at installfest

Eisenberg, J. David David.Eisenberg at evc.edu
Sun Jan 27 14:44:08 PST 2008

Is the lack of installfests due to a need for a location? I work at Evergreen Valley College, and would be willing to discuss the idea of an installfest there with The Powers That Be.

P.S. As to "favorite distribution", that is, of course, a theological issue. I've installed PCLinuxOS on all the machines in our lab for the Linux classes. I like the way it looks, most of the software I need is already in the primary installation, and I was able to buy a set of DVDs with all the available packages and (easily) set up a local copy of the repository.