[svlug] Computer History Museum

Edward Cherlin echerlin at gmail.com
Sun Jan 27 11:53:16 PST 2008

On Jan 26, 2008 11:27 PM, Karen Shaeffer <shaeffer at neuralscape.com> wrote:
> Hi folks,
>
> I know many of you probably already know of and have
> visited the Computer History Museum in Mountain View.
>
> http://www.computerhistory.org/
>
> I went there for my first time today. Wow. If you have
> an interest in computer history, then the CHM is a real
> jewel.

Hear, hear!

> Wow. If you are familiar with computer history,
> then you will be delighted to see some of the exhibits
> at the CHM. I highly recommend the CHM.

They have a piece of the MIT Whirlwind, which my father programmed on
in 1951, and the color Simputer that I donated. Along with one of
nearly everything else: pre-computer code machines, computers of many
sizes, game machines, software...I want to get them a set of OLPC XO
prototypes and a production unit.