[svlug] Officers

Darlene Wallach freepalestin at dslextreme.com
Sun Jan 27 11:35:18 PST 2008

Warren Turkal wrote:
> On Jan 27, 2008 4:42 AM, Rick Moen <rick at linuxmafia.com> wrote:
>> Actually, the Rubicon was when Google Security intervened at a kernel
>> walkthrough when you were drunk and belligerent.  That set off alarms in
>> management.
>
> For one thing, the security people didn't intervene. Jim and I dealt
> with the situation. Heather and Rachel helped. Bruce and Darlene just
> egged him on. I was not pleased that Paul decided to do that at my
> place of work. It certainly was a part of the reason. However, it
> certainly wasn't the only reason. Paul is one person. SVLUG as an
> organization is screwed up right now...but. news flash, it's not all
> Paul's fault.

Warren,

How is my refusing to talk with Paul, who has been very
disrespectful to me, egging him on. I advised Bruce to *not*
talk with Paul. I advised Bruce to *not* go outside to talk
with Paul. Paul was in a state when he showed up in the lobby
of building 40.

Bruce was responding/defending his position when he engaged
with Paul.

>> Oh, _that_ was the elephant in the room we weren't supposed to talk
>> about, wasn't it?
>
> Get over yourself. Were you even at that kernel walk through?

People who were there know that Paul Reiber was drunk and
belligerent. You yourself tried to calm Paul down. Google
security approached Paul Reiber. Google security did *not*
approach Bruce nor did they approach me.

Paul Reiber used very poor judgement that night. I refused
to engage in a conversation with him. He didn't like that.
I should *not* have to engage in a conversation with someone
I choose not to speak with, especially if I notice the person
is drunk. I did *not* egg on Paul Reiber. He just didn't like
the fact that he couldn't force me to talk with him.

As for Bruce, Bruce chose to engage in a conversation. Bruce
has the freedom to state his position/his point of view.
Paul Reiber didn't like that.

> wt

Darlene Wallach