[svlug] which distribution at installfest

Rick Moen rick at linuxmafia.com
Sat Jan 26 13:31:16 PST 2008

Quoting Chris Templeton (cbtempleton at gmail.com):

> Below is where I saw it.  The menu points to a Linux FAQ and thats where I
> saw mention about OS/2.
>
> http://svlug.com/ and click About Linux the last menu item on the left
>
> http://www.tldp.org/FAQ/Linux-FAQ/
> http://www.tldp.org/FAQ/Linux-FAQ/partitions.html#can-i-access-os2-hpfs
> Q: Can Linux Use the Same Hard Drive as MS-DOS? OS/2? 386BSD? Win95?

OK, thank you for clarifying.  (Folks, we always appreciate feedback and
suggestions about our Web pages, They're especially useful if you say
what page you're talking about.)

We link from "About Linux" to the Linux FAQ at the Linux Documentation
Project (LDP) I guess -- in part -- because we always have:  Please note
that the LDP in general is (still) _the_ primary, central place for the
entire Linux community's documentation.  But, in particular:

The purpose of the "About Linux" link on our navbar is, as the title
suggests, to help out people who want to know what Linux _is_.  It's not
a distro-picker.  It's just not.

However, SVLUG _does_ have distro information:  Pick "Links" on the site
navbar, then pick "Major Linux Distributions".

The direct URL (again):  http://www.svlug.org/farm.php#sw-dist