[svlug] which distribution at installfest

Chris Templeton cbtempleton at gmail.com
Sat Jan 26 11:53:08 PST 2008

On 1/25/08, Rick Moen <rick at linuxmafia.com> wrote:

> I wrote:
> > Quoting Chris Templeton (cbtempleton at gmail.com):
> >
> > > It doesn't look like they'll be an installfest at google this month
> > > according to what other posts I've seen.  I viewed the FAQ on the
> svlug
> > > website for popular distributions but once I came across the mention
> > > of OS2 thought it might be a bit outdated.
> >
> > What page were _you_ looking at?
>
> I've not yet seen any comment from Chris Templeton, to clarify his
> remark.  And I remain curious.
>
> > http://www.svlug.org/farm.php#sw-dist has -- not surprisingly -- no
> > mention of OS/2, and is reasonably current.
>
> Since sending the quoted post, and hearing no reply from Chris Templeton,
> I have checked the _entire SVLUG Web site_.  I found zero mention of
> either OS/2 or "OS2".  Not anywhere at all.
>
> I am also unclear on what specific page(s) the phrase "the FAQ on the
> SVLUG Web site" denotes.  We don't have any pages in anything like FAQ
> format.
>
> Chris?

Below is where I saw it.  The menu points to a Linux FAQ and thats where I
saw mention about OS/2.

http://svlug.com/ and click About Linux the last menu item on the left

http://www.tldp.org/FAQ/Linux-FAQ/

http://www.tldp.org/FAQ/Linux-FAQ/partitions.html#can-i-access-os2-hpfs

Q: Can Linux Use the Same Hard Drive as MS-DOS? OS/2? 386BSD? Win95?